Skip to main content

How To


Student Services

Academic Departments

Important Message about Macomb Community College Bookstores

To improve service and lower textbook costs, Macomb Community College has partnered with Textbook Brokers to manage college bookstores starting Thursday, June 6. If you are taking spring/summer classes, you need to be aware of the following key dates:

Classes starting before June 1

Order your books/course materials with Follett (the current bookstore provider):

  • Online orders until May 29.
  • In-store purchases from April 22 – May 31.
  • Last day for returns to Follett will be May 30; no returns for a refund after this date
Classes starting June 1 or later

Order your books/course materials with Textbook Brokers (the new bookstore provider):

  • Online orders start May 1.
  • In-store purchase start June 6.
  • Last day for returns will be 14 days after your class starts.

The physical bookstores will be closed June 1 – June 5 for the transition.    
Questions?  Email:

Financial Aid

Limited state or college financial aid funding is available to those who qualify; however, federal assistance (FAFSA) is not available for Workforce & Continuing Education classes. To learn about available financial assistance, application process and award requirements, see our website or contact or 586.445.7999 #3.

Maintaining Award Eligibility
Students receiving financial aid awards must maintain the requirements of the award program (attendance, completion, enrollment, eligible program, etc.). Any costs not covered by the award or reduced due to ineligibility will be the responsibility of the student.

How Approved Students Register using Approved Financial Aid
Contact: or 586.445.7335

Once a student is approved for financial aid, the student must create their profile if has not already done so. The student can then submit a registration request to their primary financial aid program by selecting "Request Company to Pay" at checkout. Additional assistance can be applied by e-mailing with the student name, student ID, and award letter or company billing authorization. Note: Registration is not complete until the request is approved and e-mailed registration confirmation is sent. A denial e-mail will be sent if the request cannot be approved. If when registered, the assistance does not cover the student's registration costs, the student must pay the remaining account balance immediately with the South Campus G-324 Cashier’s Office at 586.445.7999 #6. 

Company Billing

Contact or 586.445.7335

The college will bill class costs to approved parties such as Michigan Works or employer tuition assistance programs upon completion of our Company Billing Account Request form. Internal MCC Departments please use our Internal Company Billing Account Request Form.

Once the account is established, students must create their profile or edit their existing profile, selecting the company in Step 2 for the student to be eligible to be company registered.

Open Enrollment Classes
Students can submit a registration request to their company by selecting "Request Company to Pay" at checkout. Note: Registration is not complete until approved by the company. Approval must be received before registration ends or the student will be unable to attend the class. If seats are available at the time of approval, the student is registered and the company can pay at that time with credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express) or choose to be invoiced by e-mail after class start with EFT payment due within 30 days. Internal MCC Departments will provide GL/Project once invoiced as payment.

Customized Training Contracts
Instructions will be provided by training area at time of contract agreement. The company contact will register or drop students from customized training offerings within contract deadline and be invoiced after class start with EFT payment due within 30 days. Internal MCC Departments will provide GL/Project once invoiced as payment. 

Company User Password Reset
Password can be reset by company user on the login page, but the new password link will be sent to the company login contact (designated on account request form) to complete.

Payment & Refund Policy

Payment or authorization for third party billing is required at the time of registration.

The college reserves the right to drop class for non-payment. 

Seniors 60 years or older at the time of registration will automatically receive a 10% tuition discount if date of birth is provided. Does not apply to material fees, course series, tests, co-sponsored, contracted or non-college programs. 


Workforce & Continuing Education Classes
100% refund will be issued if class is cancelled by the College or if the student drops prior to the class start date. For self-guided classes, the date of the registration is the start date of the class. No refund will be issued if student drops on or after the class start date. Refunds for payments made with a credit/debit card are issued at the time of drop or cancellation. Other refunds are issued weekly by mailed check.

Motorcycle Safety Classes
100% refund will only be issued if class is cancelled by the College. Refunds are not issued for any other reason and there is no ability to transfer tuition payment to another class date and time after registering. 

Credit for Prior Learning
Fees assessed for credit for prior learning are non-refundable.

Special Circumstances
Students who must withdraw from a class on or after the class start date due to hospitalization, accidental injury, prolonged illness, mandatory shift change at student’s place of full-time employment (does not include mandatory overtime), mandatory move of employment which necessitates a change of residency (does not include new employer), military deployment, or other reason deemed appropriate by the department dean or director, may receive a 100% refund. Requests for special circumstances must be made in writing with supporting documentation to the program coordinator.

Company Billing: E-mail written authorization or purchase order at the time of registration to: The organization agrees to pay charges regardless of grades, course completion, or employment status. The college reserves the right to refuse accounts. If the organization refuses to pay, the student will be held responsible.

Financial Aid: Review financial aid status and terms and conditions. The student must drop classes within the 100% refund period to avoid responsibility of tuition and fees if award requirements (attendance, completion, minimum enrollment status, eligible program, etc.) cannot be met or cannot pay remaining balance after financial aid. The student may still be responsible for repayment of bookstore purchases, refunds or other costs no longer covered by reductions in aid.

Release of Records: The student grants the College permission to release records necessary to facilitate payment or required by organizations involved with the training program. The student or organization may be contacted via any phone number (including wireless numbers which could result in charges), e-mail address, or physical address provided in order to service our account or collect any amount owed.

Delinquent Accounts: Account balances, dishonored checks, unreturned materials, etc. must be paid in full by the due date. Failure to pay will result in a "HOLD" on future registrations. Delinquent accounts are turned over to a collection agency and will be assessed a 25% delinquent account fee and reported to credit bureaus. Any type of refund may be applied as payment to reduce or pay off the debt.